[Fluxus] fluxus 0.15rc1

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Sep 1 03:28:54 PDT 2008

>> New release here:
>> http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/files/fluxus-0.15rc2.tar.gz
> i committed some changes. fixed the colour issue with ribbons. ribbon
> rendering did not take colours into account earlier.
>
> also fixed the hsv->rgb and rgb->hsv functions, which did work with
> alpha before.

Thanks! I'll do another release later on.

> using transparent colours with ribbons revealed that adjacent quads
> overlap in the shape.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaborpapp/2815575274/
>
> do you think we can fix this?

Probably - I think it's the ribbon segments overlapping due to the camera
orientation. Try removing the last two glVertex3fv's in
RibbonPrimitive::Render(), and get rid of the -1 in the for loop.

Hopefully it's that simple, but the code does look a bit out of wack to
me, we might be able to halve the vertex count for ribbons too :)