[Fluxus] #lang

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Oct 20 00:59:45 PDT 2008

> Hi Gabor,
>
> #lang mzscheme
>
> would be the same as saying
>
> (module <foo> mzscheme
> )
>
> in PLT 3xx. In 4.xx, there is a new syntax that gets rid of the outer
> level of parens if so desired.
>
> So,
>
> #lang scheme/base
>
> is a minimal Scheme, and
>
> #lang scheme
>
> roughly corresponds to "Pretty Big" in the v3xx tree.

All fluxus code in the distribution uses scheme/base - in order to keep
the dependancy on mzscheme rather than the whole plt tree. This should
mean that fluxus works with just mzscheme installed (not that I've ever
tried it).

It doesn't mean that your scripts have to have this same restriction
though, one exception is frisbee - you might want to have a look at how
that works, as it uses the frtime language. iirc I found that just
(require)ing a module which used a different langauge would cause that
language to work in the calling script. Also, if you put your file
handling code into a module and require it - it should work.

I'll try and have a better look at this in a bit.