[Fluxus] Compiling Fluxus in Ubuntu 8.10

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Sun Nov 23 07:58:11 PST 2008

> Firstly, Scons wouldn't detect scheme.h and sometimes jpeglib.h so I
> commented these out and it compiles fine.
try to make scons find these libraries, if you comment them out, it will
result in a linker error as you already experienced. try to find the
config.log file in the fluxus directory, and check for errors.

> What I have managed to do is compile and link Fluxus in OSX. But when
> I run it I just get a "Bus Error" message and then it quits. I ran the
> binary through gdb and determined the error was to do with Freetype2.
i'm using freetype 2.3.6 installed from macports on an intel macbook and
it seems to work fine. it might help to try this version if you
installed freetype from another source.

best,