[Fluxus] fluxus 0.15 on osx (jack)

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri May 30 13:34:32 PDT 2008

evan.raskob [lists] wrote:
> any luck getting jack to work properly using the latest version on OS X?
> i've just been banging my head against the wall trying to make it
> connect to fluxus.  I remember this problem last time - I couldn't get
> the (start-audio) to work because i couldn't figure out the device
> name.  This time, I have no clue - I've tried "coreaudio", "default" and
> "coreaudio-all" (my aggregate device), all of these using the current
> JackPilot (v0.77), as well as running the jackd daemon as "jackd
> --realtime -d coreaudio -p 512 --device=~:Aggregate:0"
>
> Any ideas? I can't find much documentation on the proper string online...
i took me a while to figure this out also. i needed to make an aggregate
device in audio midi setup and set the default input and output to the
device. otherwise jack didn't create capture devices for some reason.

start jack:
jackd -d coreaudio

in fluxus:
(start-audio "system:capture_1" 2048 44100)

best,