[Fluxus] (process "audiofile")

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri May 30 05:44:25 PDT 2008

Hi Jerry,

You're not stupid, it's just damn fiddly sometimes. I end up having to
read through my own docs each time - I shall work on
(publish-this-to-youtube) ;)

> Does this work for anyone else, or am I just being stupid? I honestly
> cannot
> get this working at all: framedump is fine, so I can just drop out an
> irregular stream of frames, but I'd like to be able to sync it all to
> music for a showreel I've got to do by thursday.
> Do I have to change the resolution in jack as well? It always plays up if
> I change it from 1024 to 1764, though, so I'm kinda stumbling about a bit
> here.

Don't run jack - but call start-audio with 1764 buffer size (for pal) this
is the way to set the number of samples it will read from the audio file
per frame.

> Also, how far down the directory tree do I have to define the location of
> the audio file? Can I drop it into the working directory and then just say
> "this.mp3", or does it need the full "path/to/this.mp3"?

It can take a path if you want it to - but - it needs to be a wav.

> Anyone who uses this feature, can you please, please give me a working
> example so I can see what it is I'm getting wrong: I'm going mental here
> :(

I'll be able to do this later, let me know how you get on.