[Fluxus] cvs to PLT 3.99

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue May 13 02:30:49 PDT 2008

Hi Nik,

Good question. Mutibility wise, there is none in the core fluxus code, so
no problems there. However I used list-set! in the asteroids and qflux
games, so I've switched to r5rs mode for them - and I'll rewrite them soon
(or do some new games), so there are better examples! :)

Betablocker suffers from this as well, but my more recent code seems to
work fine without much change.

The main difference I've found is that:

(if (question?) (do-something))

is no longer valid - as if's now always need else expressions, it's
recommended to use this instead:

(when (question?) (do-something))

I guess this helps remove bugs where you mess up the implicit if-then-else
order.

The other big changes are with the module system, mainly from:

(module mymodule mzscheme
  (require (lib "something.ss" "somewhere"))
  ...)

#lang scheme
(require somewhere/something)

which is much nicer.