[Fluxus] fluxa

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sun May 11 09:08:25 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've added audio synthesis to fluxus, called 'fluxa'. It's a tidied up
variation of the synths I've been using in my audio/visual projects, and
works quite well alongside graphics code.

There is a physics driven sequencer which plays notes when things
collide in examples/collision-seq.scm. The synthesiser connects to jack
and runs in a separate process to fluxus (which communicates with it via
osc) and should be run in realtime mode if you want to avoid
glitchyness.

Documentation currently lives here (I'll move it into the main fluxus
docs soon):
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/fluxus/fluxa/README?root=fluxus&view=markup

Other things:

* Code text opacity control with F10 and F11 (can make livecoding
performances more subtle than previously, where the text was always full
contrast)
* Fixes to save-as dialog (shift and cursor works)
* Inlined most of the core maths code ~5% speedup
* Renamed build-line to build-ribbon