[Fluxus] Limiting scale changes

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sun Mar 30 14:15:13 PDT 2008

hi gerry,

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 16:02 +0100, Gerry Grainger wrote:
> Hi. Bearing in mind that I'm an art student, and only an amateur
> programmer (at best), can
> anyone suggest a decent and efficient way of limiting how much an
> object scales, if it's influenced by gh?
> I can only tweak the gain and multiples of gh so much. is there some
> kind of 'if z axis scale is greater than 20, hold at 20' kind of
> command

Just to quickly say, scale is problematic as it quickly "blows stuff up"
and controlling it takes a little bit of fiddling. One way of doing this
is to try resetting the transform each time by putting (identity) before
your scales, translates and rotates. This does change how things work as
values will become absolute rather than relative - have a play and
you'll see what I mean.

and I recommend HtDP too!