[Fluxus] X11 and OS X

Matias Eyzaguirre dented42 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 16:59:59 PDT 2008

On Jun 22, 2008, at 1:41 AM, gabor papp wrote:

>> on a mac, why not compile fluxus using X11? what changes need to be
>> made to the SConstruct to do this?
> i'm not sure about this. osx x11 looks like an x from the early
> 90's. it's cumbersume, and i don't really like it.
I've heard this complaint from many people, but as I am not to
familiar with X11 I'm not a very good judge.  the interface, I agree,
looks horrible, and the default X11 widgets really clash with the aqua
window bar, but is the functionality very different?  if I commented
out the darwin bits of the sconstruct,  are there any glaring problems
that would make running fluxus under apples X11 disastrous? or is not
doing so more of a cosmetic reason?

hmm... I shall investigate