[Fluxus] Installation problem - fluxus-engine.ss

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 18:10:49 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 16:49:30 gabor papp wrote:
> > There is a fluxus-engine.so created in that directory.
> > So where should I put it?
>
> i'm not sure about the location on ubuntu, because i'm using fedora, but
> on fedora in fluxus-0.14 the location was
> /usr/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.14/compiled/native/i386-linux/3m/

ok, so for 64bit that should be:
/usr/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.14/compiled/native/x86_64-linux/3m/

seems to work now (after fixing a typo in creating the path...)

But, I think some stuff could still be improved in the build and install
process:

* finding plt and the install location:
even when plt is installed in /usr/lib (so in most linux distros from the
package manager), manually compiled apps should still install stuff to
the /usr/local equivalent path. This is how one keeps the two apart..., and I
think this should be fixed in the fluxus SConstruct.

* the scheme files do not seem to get installed at all... is this just a
problem in my case?

sincerely,
Marije