[Fluxus] Installation problem - fluxus-engine.ss

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:20:20 PDT 2008

Hiho,

I am trying to install fluxus from the latest source package, but am running
constantly into problems, with that the fluxus-engine.ss file is not found at
startup.
I adapted the modules/SConscript as suggested by Dave in a previous email
thread, but that doesn't help. I suspect the fluxus-engine.ss file needs to
be created somewhere in the build process, but if it is, I can't see where it
happens.

scons install

also doesn't seem to install the scheme files to their appropriate location...

Using the Ubuntu-package give the same fluxus-engine.ss not found error...

Using the CVS version gives me this error on building:

g++ -o
src/Interpreter.o -c -ggdb -pipe -Wall -O3 -ffast-math -Wno-unused -fPIC -DFLUXUS_MAJOR_VERSION=0 -DFLUXUS_MINOR_VERSION=15 -DCOLLECTS_LOCATION="\"/usr/lib/plt/collects/"\" -DDATA_LOCATION="\"/usr/local/share/fluxus-015"\" -DGLSL -DMZ_PRECISE_GC -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/plt -I/home/nescivi/libfluxus/src
src/Interpreter.cpp
src/Interpreter.cpp:21:18: error: base.c: No such file or directory
src/Interpreter.cpp: In static member function 'static void
fluxus::Interpreter::NewEnv()':
src/Interpreter.cpp:58: error: 'declare_modules' was not declared in this
scope
src/Interpreter.cpp:60: error: 'scheme_namespace_require' was not declared in
this scope
scons: *** [src/Interpreter.o] Error 1

base.c is indeed nowhere to be found in the source tree.

Sincerely,
Marije