[Fluxus] fluxa seems to be having a fit

Matias Eyzaguirre dented42 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:40:20 PDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 7:50 AM, gabor papp wrote:

>>> fluxa seems to be all in a tizzy because something is wrong with
>>> liblo, here is the terminal output when I double click on the fluxa
> for me it seems to run fine, although it cannot connect to jack.
>
> fluxa
> JackClient::ConnectOutput: cannot connect output port [Out0] to
> [alsa_pcm:playback_1]
> JackClient::ConnectOutput: cannot connect output port [Out1] to
> [alsa_pcm:playback_2]
> fluxa server ready...
>
> is it possible to change the ports somehow? i see the port name is
> hardcoded in Fluxa.cpp.
>
> gabor

gabor,
	I would suggest you reroute the signal using jackpilot.  of you don't
have that, google 'jack osx' and downlaod the installer, this will
place a working copy of jack in /usr/local  but fluxus wont recognize
it, as you linked it with the macport version of jack.  what I did was
uninstall the macport jack, and the compiled fluxus, because the scons
file by default already looks in /usr/local so it will still compile
(or at least it should) with no problems.
	jackpilot is in /Applications/Jack  you click on start to start the
jack server, and if you click 'routing' you have a semi-intuitive
routing interface thing. you click an port that is sending audio (on
the first column) and double click on the destination port (in the
middle column) the third column shows what is connected to whatever
port you last selected (in either column).