[Fluxus] fluxa seems to be having a fit

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Jul 29 01:11:49 PDT 2008

> oi, knew I'd be back here eventually, anyway:
> fluxa seems to be all in a tizzy because something is wrong with
> liblo, here is the terminal output when I double click on the fluxa
> program:
>
> Last login: Mon Jul 28 20:27:36 on ttys002
> /Users/dented42/flux/unix/fluxus/fluxa/fluxa ; exit;
> HAL:~ dented42$ /Users/dented42/flux/unix/fluxus/fluxa/fluxa ; exit;
> liblo server error 9904
> Bus error
> logout

Interesting - that usually means something is already using the port - is
there another instance of fluxa already running?

Maybe a more likely possibility is that the port is conflicting with
something in osx (I haven't had any reports of it working on the mac yet).
I randomly chose 4004 - try something else by running eg.: fluxa 9999 - if
it works, you also need to change fluxa-init inside
fluxus/modules/scheme/fluxa.ss to match.

I think "server" just corresponds to the osc server for the individual
program, although I'm not sure (not my error message ;)