[Fluxus] export problems

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Jan 29 04:05:19 PST 2008

> i have encountered some problems when i tried to export frames using a
> recorded keypress file.
>
> - the scratchpad zoom is jumping while zooming
> - the blinking of the cursor is much faster
>
> these seemed to be solved by using recorder's m_Delta instead of
> calculating it from a gettimeofday call in GLEditor.cpp.

Yep, that sounds like the right fix. It's stupid that I've put more than
one clock in there - I'll abstract it out into one own time source
everything uses. The only thing that won't work then are scripts that call
PLT's time stuff, but I can't do much about them.

> the sound was also recorded during the performance, but the recording is
> much louder then it was on scene. i'm getting 1000 times larger values
>    on a (gh) call. is there a solution to solve this? i'm not sure if
> it's possible to postprocess the recording to decrease the volume by
> this much.

(gain 0.001) in your .fluxus.rc might do it.

> - the recorded key files are not cross platform, linux ones cannot be
> replayed on a mac, and vice versa. probably due to the different key
> codes.

Hmmm. We might have to abstract the file format so it uses different
codes. It would be handy to do this anyway to make it human readable.

It would be make it much easier to edit livecoding performances after the
fact. I've done a little bit of this using the current system, but don't
tell anyone... :)