[Fluxus] 0.14b1 on macos

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Jan 4 00:29:08 PST 2008

hi nik,

> the 0.14b1 tarball. this is using 10.5 on intel, which may explain the
> issue if you are using 10.4
yes, i'm using 10.4.

> i would guess apple's glu in 10.5 is now more in line with linux. im not
> sure what conditional can be used to distinguish os versions, but i
> would suggest just adding another #ifdef, for now.
we could try to distinguish gcc versions or other predefined symbols.
i'm attaching a list of symbols that may be relevant if they differ on
your computer. it's from the output of "gcc -dM -E - < /dev/null | sort"

#define __APPLE_CC__ 5367
#define __GNUC_MINOR__ 0
#define __GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__ 1
#define __GNUC__ 4
#define __VERSION__ "4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)"

i could not found anything about os versions, so maybe your suggestion
could be better.

i assume you are still using you own makefile instead of scons. do you
use the macos binary plt-scheme from plt-scheme.org? or the one from
darwinports? one of the problems with the sconstruct file that it cannot
handle whitespace in the paths (because of split), which breaks the
compilation with the plt-scheme binary.

best,