[Fluxus] Using jack?

David St-Hilaire sthilaid at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jan 28 11:14:10 PST 2008

Hi all!

I just installed fluxus, but I am not familiar on how it works. I am trying to
do the "For the impatient" quick start guide in the wiki. But I don't understand
how to use jack to input sound, so my cube doesn't change... :(

I tried to "$ jackstart -d alsa" and run fluxus with the example code but I get
in the stdout:

couldn't load: -
(start-audio "jack-port-to-read-sound-from" 256 44100)
jackd: wait for startup process exit failed
JackClient::ConnectInput: cannot connect input port
[jack-port-to-read-sound-from] to [In0]

How can I fix this?

Also, once it us connected to jack, how does it work? Can I simply play music
from "audacious" or is there a way to play music?

Thx and sorry for the newb questions!

David