[Fluxus] Flags of glutInitDisplayMode

Heinz Markgraf rich_lord_eh_zulu at gmx.de
Sun Jan 27 10:42:51 PST 2008

Hello,

I just installed fluxus from source
(http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/files/fluxus-0.14rc1.tar.gz)

I get the following error  when starting it:

.../fluxus-0.14rc1> fluxus
Welcome to fluxus.GLUT_ACCUM
Type (help) for info.
freeglut (fluxus):  ERROR:  Internal error <Visual with necessary
capabilities not found> in function fgOpenWindow
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  4 (X_DestroyWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  15
fluxus: xcb_xlib.c:42: xcb_xlib_lock: Assertion `!c->xlib.lock' failed.
Aborted

The reason seems to be that the flag GLUT_ACCUM is set at the call to
glutInitDisplayMode, even if ACCUM_BUFFER is not defined (src/main.cpp):

   #ifdef ACCUM_BUFFER
   unsigned int flags = GLUT_DOUBLE|GLUT_RGBA|GLUT_DEPTH|GLUT_STENCIL;
   #else
   unsigned int flags =
GLUT_DOUBLE|GLUT_RGBA|GLUT_DEPTH|GLUT_STENCIL|GLUT_ACCUM;
   #endif

Maybe someone can fix this in the next release?

Else I'm happy to start using fluxus, it seems to be very nice. :)

Best regards,

Heinz Markgraf