[Fluxus] Camera manipulations

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri Feb 1 09:12:33 PST 2008

> Hi there: quick question. How can I make the camera in fluxus move around
> the model that I've made, on an automated path; maybe something like
> (rotate
> (vector ((sin) time) 0 0))?
> Is it easier to define the whole model as a complete single entity and
> rotate that, or is there a camera manipulation command that I just don't
> know?

The way I always do it is to attach the camera to a primitive (this can be
a locator if you don't want it to be visible) move the primitive around
and the camera will follow.

Also you can use camera-lag to smooth the position over time.

The docs you need:
http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/docs/0.13/en/global-state.html#lock-camera
http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/docs/0.13/en/global-state.html#camera-lag

Oops - forgot to update the online docs to 0.14, but they should still be
correct for this.