[Fluxus] qt port / source code management

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Wed Dec 10 06:36:32 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:
>> 1. Every time I used mred or drscheme i quickly ran into garbage
>> collection taking like 5 seconds to finish. I thought if I constantly
>> create / destroy the GUI on the fly it will only get worse.
>
> That sounds bad. I haven't experienced that, but I've only used MrEd a
> little bit in the past.

in extreme cases I was getting garbage collector taking several
minutes and less time between collections. and that just in drscheme,
not in my own code.

>> 2. More importantly I don't want to depend on plt scheme too much. I'd
>> like to add pluggable scripting part as well, at some point.
>
> Well, the rest of fluxus depends on PLT scheme.

But libfluxus isn't. I just didn't realize the application talked to
it only through scheme. I'll try to keep everything separate and see
what's the easiest solution for my plan.

>> and what about glutPassiveMotionFunc?
>
> Ahah, must read more docs :) Thanks.

no problem :)

--