[Fluxus] scheme.h in plt/scheme.h

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Tue Dec 16 14:27:46 PST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying for the first time to install fluxus on my machine.

I succeded into installing all the dependencies on a Debian system,
all the packages but ode was already packaged, now I'm having problem
by sconfiguring fluxus.

I got this error in config.log:

scons: Configure: Checking for C library mzscheme3m...
.sconf_temp/conftest_3.c <-

  |#include "scheme.h"
  |
  |int
  |main() {
  |
  |return 0;
  |}

gcc -o .sconf_temp/conftest_3.o -c -ggdb -pipe -Wall -O3 -ffast-math -Wno-unused -fPIC -DFLUXUS_MAJOR_VERSION=0 -DFLUXUS_MINOR_VERSION=15 -DCOLLECTS_LOCATION="\"/usr/local/lib/plt/collects/"\" -DDATA_LOCATION="\"/usr/local/share/fluxus-015"\" -DGLSL -DMZ_PRECISE_GC -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include/plt -I/home/stefano/libfluxus/src .sconf_temp/conftest_3.c
.sconf_temp/conftest_3.c:3:20: error: scheme.h: No such file or directory
scons: Configure: no

The Debian plt-scheme installed scheme.h in plt/scheme.h (which seems
reasonable afterall), so the compilation failed.

The question is:
is it a problem of Debian, or should scons check for the file in the
namespace/dir plt?

In this case maybe some version check may help.

I hope to try this cool software as soon as possible, regards.