[Fluxus] render to texture

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Aug 26 02:00:19 PDT 2008

>> Actually, we can branch off a 0.15 maintenance early if you want to
>> start messing with this kind of stuff now...
> no, it's not necessary. i still have to do a couple of things until the
> next release. i realised that one value scale is not working with pdata.
> neither does one value colours with ribbons, although i tested it with
> spheres and particles as far as i remember.
>
> when do you plan to release the next version?

Well, I have to use fluxus for an installation at the start of October,
which has to run for 3 months, so naturally I'm starting to concentrate on
stability :) I have one new feature I know I need for this - a mode where
fluxus starts up full screen, hides and executes a script. I'll put this
in in the next few days I expect.

I'm also aware that pure:dyne has a release coming up with fluxus on it,
and it would be nice to get a proper release out for them.

So I think I'll try and do one quite soon, in the next week or two - and
maybe one a bit later with mainly fixes, docs and optimisations. What do
you think?

The other thing is that the unit testing is only coming up with 9 failures
now (i.e. 9 of the function ref examples don't work) I'm going to carry on
fixing these and increasing the testing stress - randomising the order it
runs function examples to catch more crashes.