[Fluxus] segfaults

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Aug 13 03:23:49 PDT 2008

> On Aug 11, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Dave Griffiths wrote:
>
>> Is this the (reset-renderers) crash, or a different one?
>> Could you post a backtrace or a script which crashes fluxus?
> no, I just mean in general.

I still need backtraces or scripts which cause these general crashes. It's
a bit difficult as I don't own a mac - anyone else getting crashes on osx?

>> Anyone know what the linux version of command-q is? - is it the same
>> as
>> shutting the window?
> what it does is quit the front application, and so I'm guessing that
> it just isn't closing cleanly on macs.

Thanks for the backtrace - looks like the jack thread is crashing on
shutdown. Does this happen when you shut the window in other ways - i.e.
with the close icon on the window bar? Also try not calling (start-audio)
and seeing if it still crashes - which should narrow it down for me.

I'm going to concentrate on bugs, documentation and testing for a bit to
work up to a new release so things should get better using 0.15.