[Fluxus] fluxus-midi commits

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Aug 6 15:47:54 PDT 2008

> i committed some code for getting midi note events using the (midi-note)
> function, see the midi help for more info.
>
> quick test video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTZ0EEa_Hpc
>
> any comments are welcome.

very nice! I think the combination of midi events and audio input would be
interesting to combine. I haven't played with your midi extension yet - is
it possible to send midi too?

> while playing with this, i noticed that the particles get rotated around
> the z-axis when panning the camera with the middle mouse button. is this
> normal or a bug?

it's a normal kind of bug... :) the camera facing code does a cross
product with the centre of the screen and the up vector which for some
reason I forget causes this. the fix is to do the cross product once per
particle, which would be slower, but it would be good to have the option I
suppose as it can be annoying.

in other news - I've got the occlusion map baking working, although I've
yet to turn the quality settings up much (it's really slow to compute):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/2735998253/