[Fluxus] online docs

Glauber Alex Dias Prado smade4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 10:43:08 PDT 2008

At Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:13:53 +0100 (BST),
Dave Griffiths wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So the in-fluxus docs (help command) isn't very good, for two reasons:
>
> * You can't search
A searching function is very much needed, perhaps something like
apropos on emacs, dont know what is the best way though for doing
something like this, what about the previous idea of "wrapping"
fluxus-scratchpad on an editor library, i tried searching about it but
didnt found anything that could be done easily

> * You can't copy/paste the examples

Perhaps its a feature/bug but you can using the usual cua commands, it
isnt automatic though :).

> If we add a search to the scratchpad text editor, and use a normal text
> file for the function reference then both these problems are solved.

I guess this is a good idea

> This could either work by needing the helpfile to be loaded into an
> editing buffer manually, or give it it's own (read only) text buffer
> accessible by ctrl-h or something.

perhaps a ctrl-h function with auto-completion and display of
completion-candidates would already be better than a search function
and it might not be so hard as it seems.

> Any thoughts?
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

btw gonna make a pass at translation, was taking a look lately at
gettext library, its very good in the translator point of view, not
really sure how much is involved for the programmer, but as it is now
the translation is mainly for the docs so it shouldnt be really
needed, its nice to see a different implementation though of i18n.

cheers,

glauber.