[Fluxus] commits: new startup flags and testing

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Aug 27 01:50:02 PDT 2008

Hi all,

* New startup flags:
  -fs fullscreen
  -x execute and hide script

* (self-test #f) runs all function reference scripts in a separate
thread[1]. Use (self-test #t) to generate a log text file in the current
directory. It prints out a little report at the end of the failed tests.
This currently results in 11 errors.

* (test-examples "path/to/examples") runs all the example scripts in a
different thread - it will actually do this with any directory of scheme
scripts, so maybe it should be renamed. Currently it only waits 1 second
between each script - I'll make this a parameter also.

There is currently a bit of a problem with the threads, as they can be run
in the middle of the fluxus update it can get confused. I'll see if I can
limit when the thread evaluation occurs.

I can imagine the last one being useful for some installation use, if you
had a bunch of scripts to show and made it loop.

[1] plt thread - not a native cpu thread.