[Fluxus] Fluxux 14 on Fedora 8 CCRMA laptop

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Sat Aug 16 14:41:58 PDT 2008

Dave and Gabor,
fluxus-0.14 works fairly well on my laptop with the PlanetCCRMA realtime kernel on Fedora 8.

But I have had some situations, either playing the secret*.keys files or trying to program, where I suddenly end up at the login screen.  The last message in the log before the display manager shuts down is:
localhost gdm-binary[2877]: WARNING: gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting :0

This happens in Xfce and Gnome, CCRMA rt or vanilla fc8.

A search of fedora forums indicates it might be related to the nvidia display.  I don't have the nvidia display drivers, just the xorg "nv" default.  glxgears runs 450 frames a second so GL is working OK.

I do get this message when fluxus starts:
freeglut (fluxus-0.14): Unable to create direct context rendering for window 'fluxus scratchpad 0.14'
This may hurt performance.
Could this be related?

I'm sure the problem is on my side, I didn't have these issues when using fluxus on pure:dyne, but I would appreciate any help with fixing this problem.  I want to show fluxus to some people at the decibel festival, http://www.dbfestival.com/

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys