[Fluxus] Importing and manipulating an obj model?

Matt Jadud jadudm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:52:54 PDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Gerry Grainger <nowhere.elysium at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have a huge amount of trouble with vector maths itself, it's just
> knowing enough scheme to be able to apply it that's my monster issue at the
> moment. As such, the amount of info here should be able to tide me over to
> success. Cheers again :)

Hi Gerry,

If you like Fluxus (who doesn't?), and you want to brush up on some of
your Scheme, I usually recommend taking a quick run through the first
7-10 chapters of "How to Design Programs."

http://www.htdp.org/

DrScheme/MzScheme are written by the same team that wrote that book,
and it is a good, principled introduction to the design of programs...
that happens to use Scheme. In particular, i introduces you to the
basic kinds of data in Scheme, data structures, and (as you move
through the text) additional syntaxes, mutation, etc. So, that might
give you a slightly smaller playground to quickly refresh some basics,
at which point the parentheses will disappear from your vision, and
you can focus on doing the really cool stuffs.

Cheers,
Matt

(I'm new on this list, so my apologies if this kind of thing has been
suggested before. And, certainly, I'm not trying to discourage
questions: I just think HtDP is a good resource, and wanted to mention
it.)