[Fluxus] Weird behaviour with (show-fps 1) in 0.13rc2

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Oct 11 04:05:04 PDT 2007

> Hey folks: I've just noticed something odd...
> There's a script shown on the fluxus web page; the one that's in dr
> scheme, with the sin and cosine rules in it.
> Basically, if you run that script, and decide that you want to see the
> framerate with it, the fps counter flies all over the screen, as if it
> were tracking the animation.
> It's really odd. Have I found a bug, or is it that the fps count is
> somehow bound to the shape or camera in fluxus?

it's a bug, or maybe a feature :)

the fps counter text is drawn after the script is run, and it's picking up
residual transforms from the script (so you can move it around).

I messed with the way this all worked in 0.12/0.13, generally transforms
are enclosed inside push and pop - so I didn't notice this artifact when
they are not used.

you can do the same thing pre-0.12 by (I think) putting one too many pops
in your script ;)

> (incidentally: this is on the laptop that I just bought specifically for
> doing Fluxus stuff: I'm using it as my main medium in my Master's degree
> this year. Dave: this software rocks!)

thankyou - great to hear that you are using it! let me know if you need
new stuff/docs etc