[Fluxus] Ubuntu and fluxus 0.13

Gerry Grainger nowhere.elysium at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:12:56 PDT 2007

Hi folks: just a quick one here: has anyone else noticed that fluxus is
unstable on Ubuntu? I've worked with both 7.04 and 7.10, and I keep getting
erratic results: fluxus will start about once in every eight attempts. Other
times, it just spawns the process and silently eats CPU cycles, or it
segfaults, with different messages each time. I think it's to do with the
version of glut that Ubuntu now carries - I only got that impression from
the one lucky time when fluxus actually spat out an error message that was
human-decipherable. It said something about freeglut not being able to draw
the window.
Ideas, anyone?