[Fluxus] more collada commits

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Nov 29 01:54:08 PST 2007

Not yet, but the idea is to support collada as fully as possible.
It's a matter of time, next up is materials, followed by animation - I
guess physics will be after that.

It's slow at the moment though, the moon buggy example takes around 10
seconds to load - the reason is that the geometry loading is doing a _lot_
of processing to convert the data from multiple indices per vertex data
type to one uniform index for all vertex data types (which is optimal for
rendering speed).

I need to profile it again, but options are to live with it, rewrite bits
of it in C++ or use Collada as an intermediate format and have a native
fluxus scene file which is laid out favorably to how fluxus works -
neither of which I particually like the sound of.

http://www.pawfal.org/dave/