[Fluxus] debian packaging

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Sat Nov 24 02:17:20 PST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 1:28 AM, Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com> wrote:
> Artem,
>
> Right now I am trying to install your packages (without recompiling) on
> Gutsy on ia32 (Sid on amd64 will come later), and I find this error:

>   fluxus: Depends: libfftw3-3 which is a virtual package.
>           Depends: libglew1.4 (>= 1.4.0dfsg) but 1.4.0-1ubuntu1 is installed
>
> The second I think I can fix by adding a disjunctive dependency, but where
> do you get your libfftw3-3 from in Ubuntu?

i've set up two pbuilders now - for gutsy and debian sid, you
shouldn't touch glew or fftw at all, but there were some missing build
dependencies apparently which I added. The build dependencies should
really use virtual packages when available, they often work as
disjunctive dependencies. With the same fftw3-dev build-dep I can
build on both sid and gutsy, each pulling the appropriate real package
from the distro.

what i end up with is a single source package with minimal build-deps
which i can build on both distros, but two distinct binary packages
(because of different run time dependancies generated).

dr/mzscheme binary packages on the other hand are compatible. But I
build for each distro anyway. I'll upload the new diffs later today.
They will have the same filenames but later dates, sorry about that.
Then I'll proceed to setup  a bazaar repository for our debian
directory.

--
cheers,
artm