[Fluxus] debian packaging

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Thu Nov 22 15:01:07 PST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 8:26 PM, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:
> This would be very very cool!! :)
>
> Thanks Artem! It's a lot to ask to become the maintainer of plt though,
> it's a shame there isn't anyone from that community looking after it on
> debian/ubuntu.

apparently we're the only ones who really need it - at least the
latest and greatest version.

in the mean time, the packages build, both dr/mzscheme and fluxus.

lintian complains a lot, it's a utility similar to lint but for debian
packages. some interesting things it sais:

W: fluxus: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/fluxus
W: fluxus: image-file-in-usr-lib
usr/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.13/material/textures/gradient.png
W: fluxus: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file

(and many uninteresting boring ones)

in this shape package won't be accepted into distros but we could call
it alpha and let the brave ones test it (along with mzscheme package).

I think by tomorrow evening I'll have a version I dare to upload to
http://artm.org/pub/fluxus/deb

I won't have 64bit packages though, sorry. I only run 32 bit at the moment.

--
cheers,
artm

http://lab.v2.nl/