[Fluxus] reparenting (was Re: lighting the inside of a sphere)

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Nov 12 12:32:26 PST 2007

> > i also realised that (parent) does not work with (with-primitive) is it
> > on purpose? i tried something like this:
>
> Its possible that parent only works at creation time - eg. inside
> (with-state) but it should be possible to use it to reconfigure the
> scenegraph later, not sure why not - I'll look into it and report back.

No this isn't currently possible. There is also some scenegraph
functionality I have never exposed to the scheme API which I should,
allowing you to detach nodes from parents, and maintain world space
transform (for things falling off parents etc).

I'll add these to the list, but they are quite low priority unless
someone has a need for them.