[Fluxus] fluxus macos patch

nik gaffney nik at fo.am
Sat Nov 3 10:04:33 PDT 2007

not sure what happened with the formatting, but here's another attempt. ..

gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> writes:
> i tried to modify the sconscripts to make fluxus compile on mac. i
> used an intel macbook.

this is good news. i haven't tried the patch, because scons always
behaves strangely on my mac (ive been building form autotools).  ther is
some decent docs that apple has online that are worth checking out, if
you haven't already. covers most of the grit about porting to osX.
starting at

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/PortingUnix/index.html

> i'm not sure how it is possible to make an .app bundle from the
> compiled files, since files have to be installed in the scheme
> 'collects' location.  another option might be building an installer,
> or even getting it in shape for macports.  i could not figure out how
> to compile with the plt_mzscheme framework in a way that fluxus does
> not require the framework in the current library when it is run. any
> help would be appreciated with this. maybe it can be put on path, or
> the absolute location of the framework can be stored in the executable
> somehow as it is done with opengl or glut.

does the gcc flag '-framework  PLT_MzScheme' work?

alternatively, have a look at the man pages for otool and install_name_tool.

i previously used these aliases  to batch the path changes, which might
help;

alias ixa {install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/\$1 \
fluxus.app/Contents/Frameworks/\$1 ;  \
install_name_tool -change /opt/local/lib/\$1 \
@executable_path/../Frameworks/\$1 fluxus.app/Contents/MacOS/fluxus }

alias ixo install_name_tool -change /opt/local/lib/$1 \
 @executable_path/../Frameworks/$1 $2

> mzscheme is compiled as a framework and not a library on mac, so it has
> to be removed from the list of libraries, when compiled on mac. i only
> check for the scheme.h header on mac now, because CheckLib does not work
> with frameworks.

regards,
nik

--