[Fluxus] fluxus on launchpad

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Sat Nov 24 05:42:24 PST 2007

hi

i'm setting up a project on launchpad for ubuntu (and evntually
debian) packages of fluxus [1]. It is normal practive in the ubuntu
world to have a launchpad project just for debian/ directory. Once the
packages are accepted into ubuntu this project will also be a hub for
bug reports by ubuntu fluxus users, with packaging bugs remaining on
the launchpad and code bugs redirected upstream.

in ubuntu packages are often maintained by teams, so I've set up
fluxus-maintainers team [2], Javier and everyone interested are
welcome to register on launchpad and join the team.

source code (in this case - everything in debian directory) on
launchapd is maintained [5] in bazaar [6] branches, I've set up the
first bazaar branch with write access by memebers of
fluxus-maintainers team (see meta-overview page of the branch [3],
code browser [4]). The published branch contains my latest version
(which builds properly on pristine gutsy or sid installations).

It is customary to work in personal branches though - bazaar supports
distributed workflow as well as centralized (cvs-like) workflow sort
of natively (in this case you'd upload to something like
"sftp://artm@bazaar.launchpad.net/~artm/fluxus/debian-port" - notice
the user name after "~" and branch name after "fluxus/"). But the idea
is that this branch ('dev') is where we eventually come up with the
final version of the packaging which we'll propose for inclusion into
universe. (Or may be they'll tell us to clone it into another branch,
with write access to "ubuntu-dev" team).

NB, the layout/workflow i've chosen is described in [5] as "Branch
layout > Packaging-only branches"

BTW, could I have 3 sizes of fluxus logo: 14x14, 64x64 and 192x192 -
for launchpad project page.

Links

[1]: https://launchpad.net/fluxus
[2]: https://launchpad.net/~fluxus-maintainers