[fluxus] commits

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri May 25 08:39:35 PDT 2007

Uh oh :)

Well, I found some 3D glasses yesterday to give this a test, and fixed the
editor and clearing problems. The fix is to defer the setting of
glColorMask to inside the render loop. It's generally a good idea to use
the Scheme commands to set up some state inside the Renderer class, and
use this state later on to call OpenGL from the main rendering process.
This means we can get the ordering right. I'll commit this in a bit.

I also had to juggle (clear-frame) and (clear-zbuffer) inside
scratchpad.ss to get the second render pass to overlay the first, rather
than clearing it - then it seemed to work well. This is exactly the sort
of thing I'd wanted to extend fluxus to doing - and controlling the passes
from Scheme, so perfect timing for this stuff :)

Hopefully we can use a similar technique for multipass rendering shadow
volumes with the stencil buffer, and orchestrating everything from Scheme
rather than having preset render modes hardcoded in C++. It will make a
lot of strange render compositing tricks possible too.

http://www.pawfal.org/dave/