[fluxus] 64bit

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri May 4 04:28:53 PDT 2007

> So the mred example does work in the 64bit version, just not the
> standalone
> executable.
>
> Okay, so 0.11 works, and I just noticed, 0.12 works if I execute it within
> the source directory, so there must just be some init scripts or something
> that aren't being found??

sounds mysterious... could you double check it's running the same
executable when you do that?

the new init script is located in $HOME/.fluxus/startup.scm and should be
installed there automatically - if it doesn't find it, fluxus should exit
with a meaningful error of some kind.

> btw, if I do scons FLAGS=blah and && scons install the flags aren't
> retained during the install, so fluxus is rebuilt without those flags.. it
> is annoying.

I think you should be able to do "scons FLAGS=blah install"
doing:

scons FLAGS=blah
sudo scons FLAGS=blah install

won't rebuild (I think) and is preferable, as it means doing less as root.