[fluxus] install questions (again ;))..

krgn k.gebbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:51:22 PDT 2007

hi all,

I am trying again to get fluxus compiled and installed. The problems I had
before (trying to test on ubuntu) I could solve, it came down to using only
mzscheme instead of full plt from svn, as something in their build system
went bust .bla...blaa..bla..
So now I think I have successfully built full plt from svn trying to prepare
a module for puredyne, but having difficulties with fluxus scons script
finding headers (also a boring old story... I know ;)).
Bascially, I changed SConstruct the following way:

Prefix = "/opt/plt"
PLTPrefix = /opt/plt"
PLTInclude = PLTPrefix+"/include/plt"
PLTLib = PLTPrefix+"/lib"

LibPaths     = ["/usr/local/lib",
                                "/usr/lib",
                                PLTLib,
                                "/opt/audio/lib",
                                "/opt/video/lib",
                                "/usr/X11R6/lib",
                                "/opt/pure/lib",
                                "../../libfluxus"]

IncludePaths = ["/usr/local/include",
                                "/usr/include",
                                PLTInclude,
                                "/usr/X11R6/include",
                                "/opt/audio/include",
                                "/opt/video/include",
                                "/opt/pure/include",
                                "../../libfluxus/src"]

I have been playing around with this line a lot, i.e moving around, changing
it to "plt/scheme" etc..
                ["mzscheme3m", "scheme.h"],
but to no positive effect. I think its something about puredyne and its
non-standard paths that scons can't deal with, but I kind of ran out of
clues... does scons rely on env-variables to be set..?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, hopefully once this is together we
won't have to try in a while :)

greets,
Karsten