[fluxus] fluxus 12 segfaults

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Jan 14 01:24:35 PST 2007

karlos wrote:
> hi y'all!
> I just did another checkout from cvs and it builds fine. running is a
> different thing though, I did a gdb backtrace:
>
> karsten at rambazamba ~/share/src/fluxus/examples $ gdb fluxus-0.12
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0xb7840c0c in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0xb7e2875f in dMatrix::operator= () from /usr/lib/libode.so
> #2  0xb6bb777b in dMatrix::rotxyz (this=0x0, x=0, y=0, z=45) at
> libfluxus/src/dada.cpp:487
 >
> is that the issue where claude made and explained fixes in the source on
> the
> other thread? I don't know for sure, but this looks like it.

The problem is that both libfluxus and libode have a class with the same
name "dMatrix", and somehow things get confused and mixes up different
operations from the different implementations at runtime, = BOOM...

The quick solution is to put the fluxus dMaxtrix into a different C++
namespace: in dada.h and dada.cpp something like

namespace fluxus {
... all definiitions ...
};

and add

using namespace fluxus;

to any file that complains when you rebuild.

Claude