[fluxus] 0.12b1 + cvs merge

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Jan 10 13:03:20 PST 2007

Javier Candeira wrote:
> dave wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The first beta for 0.12 is availible (linux only):
>> http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/files/fluxus-0.12b1.tar.gz
>>
>> You'll need to install plt from source, built with the following:
>> ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local/
>> Other than that, the dependancies are the same (without guile of course)
>
> Dave, I would like to try and rebuild my Debian/Ubuntu packages with this
> version, but I don't understand how this will affect the plt package.
>
> Why can't one link versus the Debian plt?
>
> -- j

Likewise on Gentoo, "emerge -s | grep plt" gives these:

dev-scheme/drscheme -- DrScheme programming environment.
dev-scheme/mzscheme -- MzScheme scheme compiler

I guess I want DrScheme?

*  dev-scheme/drscheme
       Latest version available: 301-r2
       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
       Size of files: 12,408 kB
       Homepage:      http://www.plt-scheme.org/software/drscheme/
       License:       LGPL-2.1

It has the following options to choose if I install via Gentoo's package
manager:

USE="perl -cairo -jpeg -opengl -png"

I guess I want all of them?  Or at least "jpeg opengl png".  Or does
Fluxus provide its own jpeg/opengl/png support?

BTW, when I unpacked I got loads of warnings like:

tar: fluxus-0.12b1/docs/images: time stamp 2007-01-10 21:41:57 is
4756.162271 s in the future

Thanks,

Claude
--