[fluxus] autotools

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri Jan 5 03:59:27 PST 2007

>> I'll have a look at the autotools though, maybe we should switch, I'm
>> pretty agnostic when it comes to building tools. Initially I prefered
>> scons as python is easier for me than whatever autotools uses (M4?).
>
> i think that the language is a relatively minor factor, and anyway, they
> both use significant whitespace :)

seems to be the way for build/install languages :)

my main issue was really that I got in a horrible mess with autoconf with
spiralsynth modular, and it's use resulted in chaos at work a few years
ago - although this all could be put down to user error, as it seems to do
quite well for 99% of free software.