[fluxus] plt commits

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Jan 2 09:10:17 PST 2007

>> hmm. well the problem is probably that its not using mzc, but gcc thru
>> scons and linking in mzdyn.o as a static library. I have a shell script
>> which uses mzc to build fluxus-engine, I'll post it later.
>
> well, ive got it building, linking, load-extensioning without problems
> now, but it doest do anything further... should the exisiting examples
> work, or is there some more scaffolding requires (as in yr screenshot) ?+

if you are running the fluxus application (fluxus-0.12) everything should
behave pretty much as before. running through drscheme needs some
scaffolding (if you want to see something) and is flakey atm.

the application startup is as follows:

* run fluxus app
* app looks for $HOME/.fluxus/startup.scm and runs it in a new mzscheme
interpreter (this file will be moved soon)
* startup.scm loads all extensions, requires binary and scheme modules to
set up the mzscheme environment for normal fluxus use. the modules should
be installed some osxy equivilent to:
/usr/local/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.12/
if it's different the path in startup.scm will have to be changed

things like the mouse camera controls have all been ported to scheme
modules loaded by startup.scm - I've still got to add the key and mouse
input functions.