[fluxus] how to load a script?

dave dave at pawfal.org
Tue Feb 20 10:56:35 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 22:09 -0200, glauber alex dias prado wrote:

> > > nice, ive overlooked it on the manual :), very cool the side scrolling.
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > > Certainly, first lets have it stabler, not that it isnt, ive let it on
> > > for more than two hours for a small stress test with other opengl
> > > programs opened at the same time and connected with xmms trough jack and
> > > it didnt died, i think it means something.
> >
> > That's good to know, fwiw it seems stable to me right now except for one
> > crash I got once in mzscheme running a (fairly heavy) script I'm working
> > on at the moment - I can't reproduce it, but I'll have to look into it a
> > bit more before release.
>
> hmm, i think i found one, i cant send osc messages, it gives me
> segmentation error

I haven't seen that - but liblo can be a little moody with URLs and
such, does example 22 run? It sends an osc message to itself and prints
it out.

> > I'm going to try using 0.12 live next week, which is a good test (if there
> > are any bugs they never fail to show up at times like that)
> >
> > > Complex stuff in makehelpmap.scm :), i just have to translate the docs
> > > and maintain the file structure, like make a similar StartSectionDoc-pt
> > > for example? anyway i will look into pawfal.
> >
> > Yup, you should just need to copy/paste the english version, change the
> > suffix and rewrite the contents.
>
> okay simple enough :), lets begin.
> >
> > > scons isnt building for my arch, which i think is just a naming problem
> > > cause symlinking i386 to x86_64 resolved.
> >
> > scons should do this sort of thing for us shouldn't it? What did you have
> > to symlink to get it to work?
>
> i agree, ive created this directory:
> /usr/local/plt/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.12/compiled/native/x86-64-linux/
>
> and symlinked the following files:
> fluxus-audio.so-> /usr/local/plt/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.12/compiled/native/i386-linux/fluxus-audio.so
>
> fluxus-engine.so-> /usr/local/plt/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.12/compiled/native/i386-linux/fluxus-engine.so
>
> fluxus-osc.so-> /usr/local/plt/lib/plt/collects/fluxus-0.12/compiled/native/i386-linux/fluxus-osc.so

ah, right, I though you meant somewhere in the standard path...

1. properly detect the arch somehow
2. put it in a non arch named path (that path is actually entirely up to
us)

The advantage of doing it properly is that fluxus could be installed
centrally on mixed architecture networks - but I'd say that that is rare
enough not to lose sleep over, anyone have any thoughts on this? ;)

> > Ok, I should get it to work with 301 - I'm kind of dallying around waiting
> > in the hope of a new PLT version so I don't have to :)

I tried getting it to work with 260 (the latest release, which was in
November) but had loads of problems, I'm going to wait.