[fluxus] assertion failed when trying to set particle colours

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Feb 5 00:52:26 PST 2007

> (define (ifsnow-init n)
>    (if (< n (pdata-size)) (begin
>      (pdata-set "s" n (vector 0.01 0.01 0.01)) ; works fine
> ;    (pdata-set "c" n (vector 1 1 1)) ; this line fails an assert
>      (ifsnow-init (+ n 1))
>    ))
> )
>
> Welcome to fluxus
> libGL error: open DRM failed (Operation not permitted)
> libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
> freeglut (fluxus-0.12): Unable to create direct context rendering for
> window 'fluxus 0.12'
> This may hurt performance.
> fluxus-0.12: modules/fluxus-engine/src/SchemeHelper.cpp:42: void
> SchemeHelper::FloatsFromScheme(Scheme_Object*, float*, unsigned int):
> Assertion `size==(unsigned int)(((Scheme_Vector *)(src))->size)' failed.
> /home/claude/scripts/fluxus.sh: line 3:  2663 Aborted
> PLTCOLLECTS="/home/claude/lib/drscheme/collects/:/usr/lib/drscheme/collects"
> fluxus-0.12 $@
>
> Full script attached, does iterated function system stuff on particle
> pdata positions...

Is this with b2 or cvs? There are some fixes in cvs (from a week or so ago
I think) for this sort of thing.

It arose because I am a little confused as to what a colour is in fluxus,
for the pdata I take colours of 4 floats to include alpha, I need to
extend this to the colour command as well, and maybe get rid of the
opacity command.