[Fluxus] fluxus workshop

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sat Dec 1 02:09:30 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 20:38 +0100, gabor papp wrote:
> > awesome! thanks for making the movie, nice touch :)
> thanks. it was fun, although i was a bit worried that i would be too
> much for the participants to cope with in one afternoon: scheme, opengl,
> and fluxus.

well the results look great! I think it's a bit easier teaching scheme
if it makes something visual which is easier to grasp - I've found the
biggest hurdle for new programmers is recursion, but then some people
just get it straight away while others find it very hard.

> i found a small problem with the key recording while making the movie.
> if i type (exit) and press f5, or enter if in the repl, that keypress is
> not saved. probably because fluxus exists before it would save the keypress.

hah! another command I didn't know about :)