[Fluxus] task

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Aug 7 04:14:50 PDT 2007

Hi Ivan,

> New to fluxus
>
> I try running fluxus from a distant
> machine. How i could run the appli
> as the F5 key is not working on the distant machine

What do you mean by distant? Are you trying to run a fluxus script over a
network? Nik has done some stuff like this, you can write a script to poll
OSC and listen for bits of scheme code to execute. I have the code
somewhere, I'll dig it out if you need it.

> i have try the 0.13 version but the F5 key is not working at all
> the drscheme version is OK and executable running

Is this with linux or OSX? I think the mac has some controls bound to F5
that you have to disable. Otherwise, it may be that the script has errors,
see the terminal window or the console (ctrl-0). If in doubt just try
running (build-cube). I'm not sure I understand though.

> should it be possible to make exe from fluxus

You mean compile a scheme script? No - but you should be able to make a
fluxus script executable and put:
#!/usr/local/bin/fluxus -x
at the top of the script and treat it like an executable (fluxus will be
started, run the code and hide it).

> running OSC from puredata(live data get)
> buffering a lot, should i do sommething (jack is not running)

Do you mean there are delays in getting messages? This could be framerate
related, also the OSC input in fluxus works by storing messages in a queue
you have to poll, so you have to make sure you clear the message queues
(there is one for every message name) every frame otherwise delays will
build up.

> thank's for the ap

cheers :)