[fluxus] porting 0.12 to osx

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Thu Apr 19 05:55:02 PDT 2007

Hi

I found some time to have a look at 0.12 on my power book

As far as I can see it'll take me a couple of days to figure
everything out again - my main concern is that I can't use my static
linking tricks anymore because fluxus is split into a number of
dynamicly loadable (PLT compatible?) modules. So I have to invent a
"policy" on what should I put into fluxus osx distribution and what
should I expect user to have installed (e.g. plt distribution).

At the moment I got as far as to have everything compiled on osx with
a single `scons` invocation (except one bit that i #ifndef __APPLE__
'ed for now - the bit in gl file dialog which explicitly sais in the
comments "// this is so linux specific"). But now I have to figure our
how to make plt scheme find fluxus modules, probably I'll have to
switch from location independent application bundle to a package
installer which will ask where plt scheme is installed.

One thing though: the 'target' argument to env.SharedLibrary() call
doesn't need the extension in it, the extension is platform specific
('.dylib' on darwin/osx, '.so' on linux). I'm changing it for existing
modules now, but keep it in mind in the future.