[fluxus] R: [Newbie] How to install fluxus on ubuntu?

Davide Morelli info at davidemorelli.it
Fri Sep 8 09:56:08 PDT 2006

> g++ -ggdb -pipe -Wall -O3 -ffast-math -Wno-unused -fPIC
> -DFLUXUS_MAJOR_VERSION=0 -DFLUXUS_MINOR_VERSION=11
> -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -Ilibfluxus/src
> -Ilibfluxphysics/src -c -o libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.o
> libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp
> libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp: In member function 'bool
> GLSLShader::Load(const std::string&, const std::string&)':
> libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp:135: error: 'glGetProgramiv' was
> not declared in this scope
> libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp:140: error:
> 'glGetProgramInfoLog' was not declared in this scope
> libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp: In member function 'unsigned
> int GLSLShader::LoadShader(std::string, unsigned int)':
> libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp:174: error: 'glGetShaderiv' was
> not declared in this scope
> libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp:180: error: 'glGetShaderInfoLog'
> was not declared in this scope
> scons: *** [libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.o] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.

I think you have the wrong version of some GL library.. i mean that library
is present (or you'd have a missing header error) but you have an old
version and you miss some needed function (glGetProgramiv, glGetShaderiv,
glGetShaderInfoLog)

I'm no scons expert but i've noticed that it often miss the version check

> And because I didn't understand anything... even after a retry.
> I decided to dowload fluxus-0.10rc2 instead.
> Tried scons, without errors
> Did scons install without errors either.
> But when I run fluxus, I get this error:
>
> fluxus: error while loading shared libraries: libguile.so.17:
>
> But I do have libguile.so.17 and It's located in /usr/local/lib/

have you specified the --prefix=/usr when configuring? I found that it is an
important thing to do in ubuntu..
compile again guile with
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install

> I tried to make a link to that file from /usr/lib/ (just in
> case fluxus was looking for it there... I don't know if it
> was a good idea) but it didn't change anything.

I don't know why but I was told that this is a very bad idea