[fluxus] 0.11rc1

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Sep 4 07:48:07 PDT 2006

dave wrote:
> another one - an SConstruct change to detect stuff installed to /usr/lib
> and minor particles modification to make them centred around the
> particle position rather than in the corner.
>
> http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/files/fluxus-0.11rc1.tar.gz
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Still fails to find png.  From "man libpng"

""
Make sure you include the libpng header file:
#include <png.h>
""

You seem to be including some file that isn't <png.h> ...

Also, it's better to use pkg-config to get CFLAGS etc:

""
$ pkg-config libpng --cflags --libs
-I/usr/include/libpng12  -lpng12
""

Here's the config.log extract:

Checking for main() in C library png... .sconf_temp/conftest_11.c <-

  |            #include "libpng/png.h"
  |
  |            int
  |            main() {
  |            main();
  |            return 0;
  |            }

gcc -ggdb -pipe -Wall -O3 -ffast-math -Wno-unused -fPIC
-DFLUXUS_MAJOR_VERSION=0 -DFLUXUS_MINOR_VERSION=11 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/include -Ilibfluxus/src -Ilibfluxphysics/src -c -o
.sconf_temp/conftest_11.o
.sconf_temp/conftest_11.c
.sconf_temp/conftest_11.c:3:36: libpng/png.h: No such file or directory
scons: *** [.sconf_temp/conftest_11.o] Error 1
no
Failed program was:
1:
2:
3:             #include "libpng/png.h"
4:
5:             int
6:             main() {
7:             main();
8:             return 0;
10:
11:
Error message: failed to build test program