[fluxus] guile 1.8?

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Fri May 19 04:02:32 PDT 2006

On 19/05/06, Artem Baguinski <artm at v2.nl> wrote:
> aha, i was just looking in the same place ;-)
>
> i still can't find where (...) comes from in my setup. i have () in
> generated files. according to ChangeLog (...) was removed from snarf.h
> around 2000...
>
> BUT. in stead of generating code i'd suggest using a macro (like they
> used to have in snarf.h) which expands to SCM(*)() most of the time
> but SCM(*)(...) on my system. It could be controlled by automatic test
> at configure time or something.

which i did, but of course I'm not sure it'll work correctly on a
system where the ellipses aren't necessary (and don't work). could you
try the attached patch?

it should say "Checking if callbacks should be cast to (SCM (*)())...
yes" at configure time and proceed normally. On my system it sais "no"
and adds  -DNEED_ELLIPSIS_IN_CASTS to CCFLAGS (which causes ellipses
to be inserted).

if it works i'll commit.